Expert Fiancee Visa Preparation Support

K-1 or Fiancee Visas

Hong Kong Fiancee Visa Preparation

Hong Kong Fiancee Visa Expert support to prepare your Hong Kong Fiancee Visa to bring your fiancee or spouse to the USA.

Immigrant Visa Categories: K Visas - Fiancée Visas

A fiancée of a U.S. citizen who wants to travel to the United States to marry and take up permanent residence after marriage must obtain a K-1 visa.

To qualify for a K-1 visa, the following conditions are necessary:

  • One party is a U.S. citizen
  • Both parties are legally free to marry, that is to say neither party is currently married
  • Both parties have met in person within two years immediately prior to the filing on the petition.
  • The marriage will take place within 90 days of the fiancée entering the United States on the fiancée visa

Where should a fiancée petition be filed? The first step in applying for a fiancée visa is for the U.S. citizen (the petitioner) to file Form I-129F with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) in the U.S. The petition cannot be filed in Hong Kong.

Can my children be included on a fiancée visa petition? Unmarried children under the age of 21 are eligible to derive status from the fiancée visa petition filed on behalf of their parent and their names should be included in the petition. If the U.S. citizen is the natural father or mother of the child, the child may have a claim to U.S. citizenship – please contact the American Citizen Services unit for further information.

How long does it take to process a fiancée visa? The average processing time of the application ranges from approximately six to nine months. Once a petition has been filed, the petitioner may track the status of the pending case online at the USCIS website. Applicants who are missing documents at the time of their interview can expect to experience delays in the visa process.

What if I want to get married in U.S. and then return immediately to my residence in Hong Kong or Macau? If you plan to return to your permanent place of residence outside the United States after the marriage ceremony in the United States, you should apply for a B-2 visa, or if eligible, travel visa free under the Visa Waiver Program.

What can I expect from the application process? Please see the section entitled "Applying for an Immigrant Visa" for details of the application process. Once the visa petition is approved by USCIS, it will be sent to the National Visa Center (NVC) in New Hampshire for additional processing. If your fiancée is resident in Hong Kong or Macau, the petition will then be forwarded to the U.S. Consulate General in Hong Kong. Once you have been notified that the visa petition has been forwarded to Hong Kong, you may wish to begin collecting the documents required for the visa interview process, as certain documents may take a while to obtain.

[an error occurred while processing this directive] [an error occurred while processing this directive]